Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Power system electricians install, maintain, test and repair electrical power generation, transmission and distribution system equipment and apparatus. They are employed by electric power generation, transmission and distribution companies.
apprentice power system electrician, power electrician, power station electrician, power system electrician.
- Install and maintain electrical power distribution equipment such as transformers, generators, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitors, inductors, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Install and maintain electrical equipment and apparatus in generating stations or powerhouses
- Inspect and test installed electrical equipment and apparatus to locate electrical faults and check their operation, using volt meters, ammeters and other electrical test instruments and equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electrical equipment and apparatus
- Complete test and maintenance reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Power System Electricians in Campbellton--Miramichi Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- NB Power has awarded a $30M contract to ABB Inc. of Sweden to upgrade a high-voltage direct current converter station near Dalhousie
Week of Sep 24 – Sep 28, 2012
- Date Modified: