Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Forestry professionals conduct research, develop plans and administer and direct programs related to the management and harvesting of forest resources. They are employed by the forest industry, provincial and federal governments, consulting companies, educational institutions and other industries, or they may be self-employed.
appraisal forester, consulting forester, district forester, forest engineer, forester, forestry superintendent, professional forester, regional inventory officer – forestry, registered professional forester (RPF).
- Plan and direct forest surveys and related studies and prepare reports and recommendations
- Establish short- and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources
- Plan and direct woodlands harvesting, reforestation, silviculture and fire prevention and fire suppression programs, road building, wildlife management, environmental protection and insect and vegetation control programs
- Negotiate terms and conditions of agreements and contracts for forest harvesting, forest management and leasing of forest lands
- Monitor contract compliance and results of forestry activities
- Ensure adherence to government regulations and company objectives
- Plan and conduct public relations programs, and education and extension programs related to forestry
- Develop and oversee programs for tree seedling production and woodlands nursery operations
- Conduct advanced research in the areas of tree improvement, nursery seedling production, forest soils, forest ecology, forest mensuration, forest operations and other areas
- Provide advice and recommendations, as a consultant on forestry issues, to private woodlot owners, municipal, provincial or federal governments or to companies.
Wages for Forestry Professionals in Campbellton--Miramichi Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Campbellton--Miramichi Region||10.00||24.00||31.33||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: