Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
contract management officer, contracts officer, materiel management officer, procurement officer, purchaser, furniture and furnishings, purchasing agent, purchasing officer, supply officer, government.
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Campbellton--Miramichi Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The Minister of Energy and Mines announced that Trevali Mining Corporation was given approval to operate its Caribou Mine located near Bathurst. It is expected to result in several hundred new jobs for the region. Trevali has begun hiring technical personnel and placing orders for components of the mill.
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The provincial and federal governments announced funding in the amount of $775,000 for Heveco, a company that harvests peat moss in Tabusintac NB. The funding will primarily be used to purchase new equipment to improve productivity at the operation.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The development of the Halfmile Mine and Caribou Mine and mill in the Chaleur Region near Bathurst owned by Trevali Mining Corporation will begin shortly. The mine is expected to open in early 2014. The company hopes to benefit from the pool of workers created by the closure of the Xtrata Zinc Brunswick this month. About 500 applications from local miners, mill workers and others are currently being reviewed by the company. About 200 to 250 jobs will open up.
- Xtrata Zinc Brunswick Mine near Bathurst is in the process of shutting down after 50 years of operation and will close by May 10, putting about 1,000 workers out of a job
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- NB Power has awarded a $30M contract to ABB Inc. of Sweden to upgrade a high-voltage direct current converter station near Dalhousie
- Date Modified: