Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Forging machine operators operate forging machines to form and shape metal into various shapes and sizes and impart desired strength, hardness or other characteristics. They are employed primarily in the fabricated metal products, machinery, and transportation equipment industries.
bending machine operator, cold drawn operator, cold press operator, forging press operator, hot press operator, manipulator operator, trip hammer operator, upsetter operator.
- Operate gas or oil fired furnaces to heat metal to proper temperature prior to forging
- Place metal pieces in furnace using hand tongs or overhead cranes and remove from furnace when colour of metal indicates proper forging temperature, or load and unload furnace with automatic conveyor
- Position heated or cold metal pieces, on die of press or other forging machinery
- Operate presses or other forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, twisting, forming, drawing, upsetting, splitting, cutting, punching, piercing, bending, coining, or other operations to shape or form metal
- Position and adjust dies on anvil of forging machinery using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices and hand tools.
Jobs for Forging Machine Operators in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Vancouver Island and Coast Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: