Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes fish plant machine operators, who set up and operate machinery to process and package fish products, and fish plant cutters and cleaners, who cut, trim and clean fish by hand. Fish plant workers are employed in fish processing plants.
fish cake maker, fish canning machine operator, fish cleaner and cutter, fish cutting machine operator, fish plant worker, shellfish processor, shellfish separator tender, shellfish shucker, trimmer – fish processing.
- Set up and operate machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate or otherwise process fish products
- Set up and operate machines to can, bag, box or otherwise package fish products
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, date and type of products packaged.
- Cut, clean and trim fish prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing.
Wages for Fish Plant Workers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||11.00||14.50||18.25||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: