Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Process control and machine operators in this unit group operate multi-function process control machinery or single-function machines to process and package food and beverage products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food and beverage processing establishments.
bakery machine operator – food and beverage processing, bottling machine operator, brewer, canning machine operator, chocolate refiner, control room operator – food and beverage processing, fermenter operator, freezer operator, fryer operator, meat grinder, mixer operator, dry foods, pasteurizer operator, sugar boiler.
- Operate multi-function process control machinery through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to grind, extract, mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products and to bag, box or otherwise package food products
- Operate multi-function process control machinery to grind, extract, mix, blend, distill, ferment or otherwise process alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages and to bottle, can or otherwise package beverages
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as cooking times, ingredient inputs, flow rates and temperature settings
- Maintain shift log of production and other data.
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines preparatory to operation
- Operate single-function machines to grind, extract, mix, blend, freeze, cook or otherwise process food or beverage products and to box, can or otherwise package food or beverage products
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as necessary
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, size, date and type of products packaged.
Outlook & Prospects for Process Control and Machine Operators, Food and Beverage Processing in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- Silian Sapphire Co. has laid off 38 staff, effectively shutting down its local production line in Victoria
Week of Jan 14 – Jan 18, 2013
Week of Oct 22 – Oct 26, 2012
- After several years of minimal job-growth, Catalyst Paper has filled 70 positions at its Crofton mill this year
Week of Jul 16 – Jul 20, 2012
- Date Modified: