Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Delivery and courier drivers drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products. They are employed by dairies, drug stores, newspaper distributors, take-out food establishments, dry cleaners, mobile caterers, courier and messenger service companies and many other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
bread deliverer, canteen driver, courier service driver, delivery driver, driver salesperson, dry cleaning driver, mail service courier, newspaper delivery driver, pizza delivery driver, route driver, vending machine driver-supplier.
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products, such as fast food, newspapers, magazines, bakery and dairy products, and items such as dry cleaning, envelopes, packages and parcels
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Sell products over established routes and accept or make payments for goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- May communicate with central dispatch using cellular telephone or citizens' band (CB) radio.
Outlook & Prospects for Delivery and Courier Service Drivers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Edmonton-based AFD Petroleum is opening a fuel distribution centre in Langford in May to service Vancouver Island homes and businesses. AFD is seeking a Class 1 Fuel Driver and Office Administrator for the centre.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- An ABC Country Restaurant in Saanich was destroyed by a fire on April 11, putting 25 people out of work. The owners are making efforts to place the affected employees in other restaurants in the community.
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Calgary-based Original Joe's is opening two restaurants in Duncan and Saanich on Vancouver Island before the end of March 2013. Each of the new restaurants will employ 80 people.
- Date Modified: