Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bartenders mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and other licensed establishments. Supervisors of bartenders are included in this unit group.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Mix liquor, soft drinks, water and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers or serve directly to patrons
- Collect payment for beverages and record sales
- Maintain inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Ensure compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- May train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff
- May hire and dismiss staff.
Jobs for Bartenders in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Vancouver Island and Coast Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: