Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bartenders mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and other licensed establishments. Supervisors of bartenders are included in this unit group.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Mix liquor, soft drinks, water and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers or serve directly to patrons
- Collect payment for beverages and record sales
- Maintain inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Ensure compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- May train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff
- May hire and dismiss staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Bartenders in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within British Columbia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||N/A||N/A|
|North Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Manning Park Ski Resort that was scheduled to close on April 1, 2013 has been sold to a new owner who hopes to retain the existing 15 employees and hire more people
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- An ABC Country Restaurant in Saanich was destroyed by a fire on April 11, putting 25 people out of work. The owners are making efforts to place the affected employees in other restaurants in the community.
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Date Modified: