Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
front desk clerk, hotel, front office clerk, hotel, guest service agent, guest service representative, hotel front desk clerk, night clerk, reservations clerk – hotel, room clerk.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
Outlook & Prospects for Hotel Front Desk Clerks in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- An ABC Country Restaurant in Saanich was destroyed by a fire on April 11, putting 25 people out of work. The owners are making efforts to place the affected employees in other restaurants in the community.
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Calgary-based Original Joe's is opening two restaurants in Duncan and Saanich on Vancouver Island before the end of March 2013. Each of the new restaurants will employ 80 people.
Week of Aug 13 – Aug 17, 2012
- Date Modified: