Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Travel counsellors advise clients on travel options and tour packages, make bookings and reservations, prepare tickets and receive payment. They are employed in travel agencies, transportation and tourism firms and hotel chains.
- Provide travel information to clients regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options and travel costs, and recommend suitable products
- Plan and organize vacation travel for individuals or groups
- Make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system
- Sell single fare tickets and package tours to clients
- Promote particular destinations, tour packages and other travel services
- Investigate new travel destinations, hotels and other facilities and attractions
- Provide travel tips regarding tourist attractions, foreign currency, customs, languages and travel safety.
Wages for Travel Counsellors in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||11.50||15.90||23.08|
- Date Modified: