Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Real estate agents and salespersons act as agents for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate and are employed in the real estate industry.
commercial real estate agent, real estate agent, real estate broker, real estate sales representative, residential real estate agent, supervisor, real estate agents.
- Solicit property sales listings from prospective vendors
- Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
- Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
- Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
- May rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
Real estate agents and salespersons may specialize in residential, commercial, industrial/institutional or rural real estate sales.
Outlook & Prospects for Real Estate Agents and Salespersons in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within British Columbia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||N/A||N/A|
|North Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- October 2013 | (PDF, 508KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 442 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 517 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 268 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 495 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 231 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 229 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 250 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 463 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Although Victoria's industrial vacancy rate has edged up because of business closures and lower demand, the trend is expected to reverse over the next two years due to multiple construction projects and high-tech expansion
- Extremely poor housing affordability in Vancouver area still weighs heavily on homebuyer demand, according to RBC¿s May 2013 Housing Trends and Affordability report
- Date Modified: