Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness lead and instruct groups and individuals in recreational, sports, fitness or athletic programs. They are employed by community centres, sports and fitness clubs, outdoor centres, resorts, recreational facilities, health care facilities, correctional institutions, government departments, private businesses, tourism associations and similar establishments.
Certified personal trainer, aerobics instructor, camp counsellor, day camp leader, fitness instructor, gymnastics teacher, lifeguard, personal trainer, playground worker, recreation program leader, riding instructor, ski instructor, ski patrol, swimming instructor – sports.
- Plan and carry out recreational, athletic, fitness and sports activities
- Assemble supplies and sports and game equipment
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Instruct groups and individuals in arts, crafts and similar activities and lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs
- Attend to clients with special needs
- Provide lifestyle awareness information
- Conduct therapeutic recreational or athletic activities
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Assist with co-ordination of special events
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- May train and supervise staff
- May maintain and repair sports equipment.
Wages for Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation, Sport and Fitness in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||10.25||17.00||24.04|
- Date Modified: