Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors in this unit group teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions and not job-related. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes driver's licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments, and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
driver's licence examiner, driving instructor, instructor, modelling and finishing school, motorcycle driving instructor, sewing instructor – non-vocational.
- Driving instructors instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations, demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and supervise individuals during practice driving.
- Driver's licence examiners conduct road test examinations and evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Sewing instructors give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Modelling and finishing school instructors give instruction on comportment, personal development, make-up application and modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Instructors in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 20 - May 24, 2013
- Six Cowichan Valley middle schools are being closed due to a budget shortfall, and layoff notices have been issued to 75 full-time teachers. Another 90 teachers on temporary contracts will be laid off at the end of June 2013.
- The University of Victoria plans to eliminate 82 full-time equivalent jobs in 2013-2014 because of a budget deficit. Of these, 36 are vacant and officials hope attrition will take care of the remainder. UVic currently employs 4,500 people.
- The University of Vancouver Island's Kowichan campus has received $11M in funding to provide training for 49 students in welding, business tech, and health care
- Date Modified: