Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Employment counsellors provide assistance, counsel and information to worker clients on all aspects of employment search and career planning. They also provide counsel and information to employer clients regarding human resource and employment issues. Employment counsellors are employed primarily by federal and provincial governments but are also employed by large establishments and private employment service agencies. Supervisors of employment counsellors are included in this unit group.
career counsellor – except education, career development consultant, career development counsellor, employment counsellor, occupational counsellor, outplacement counsellor, relocation consultant, relocation counsellor, supervisor, employment counsellors, vocational counsellor.
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews
- Advise employers on human resource and other employment-related issues
- Administer and interpret tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further vocational training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Provide established workers with information on maintaining a job or moving within an organization, dealing with job dissatisfaction or making a mid-career change
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Provide consulting services to community groups and agencies, business and industry, and to other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning resources.
Outlook & Prospects for Employment Counsellors in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Heatherington Industries is building a plastics recycling facility that will create 10 to 15 sorting and labouring jobs in Port Alberni by February 2013
- Date Modified: