Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental assistants assist dentists during the examination and treatment of patients and perform clerical functions. Dental assistants work primarily in dentists' offices, or they may be employed by government and educational institutions.
certified dental assistant, certified intra-oral dental assistant, dental assistant, registered dental assistant.
- Prepare patients for dental examination and assist the dentist during the examination
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Schedule patient appointments and record dental procedures performed
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Order dental and office supplies
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate temporary crowns and restorations.
Jobs for Dental Assistants in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Vancouver Island and Coast Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: