Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Couriers, messengers and door-to-door distributors pick up and deliver letters, parcels, packages, newspapers, flyers and other items within and between establishments. They are employed by courier service companies and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
bank messenger, courier, delivery person – courier service, door-to-door distributor, flyer distributor, messenger, newspaper carrier, runner.
- Pick up messages, letters, envelopes, parcels, airline tickets, legal documents, packages, bonds, cheques, securities and other items from customers, and hand-deliver them to addresses within an establishment or in other establishments by walking or cycling within prescribed time periods
- Collect payment for items delivered
- Keep record of items received and delivered using delivery information acquisition devices
- Deliver newspapers, flyers, handbills, telephone directories and similar items to residences and businesses.
Outlook & Prospects for Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 20 - Jan 24, 2014
- Starting in February, FedEx Canada will be sending a daily flight to Nanaimo. The addition will benefit business and online shoppers on Vancouver Island with options for next-day and express shipping.
- The Nanaimo Airport's traffic in 2013 was 20% higher than in the previous year. Part of the reason for the increase was the addition of direct flights to Calgary. The airport further plans to add direct flights to Seattle in 2014, as well as hire a full-time fire department in the next two to three years.
- Microsoft has closed its Victoria game design studio, which had been open for less than two years, resulting in job loss for at least 30 employees. The company is centralizing development at its Vancouver studios.
- Wilson's Transportation has won a five-year contract to provide shuttle-bus service between the Victoria Airport and downtown Victoria hotels. The contract starts November 1 and will boost opportunities for Wilson's existing employees.
- Date Modified: