Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Letter carriers sort and deliver mail, record delivery of registered mail and collect money for cash-on-delivery parcels. Letter carriers are employed by Canada Post Corporation.
- Organize mail by address and load into mailbag
- Deliver letters, small parcels and other printed matter along established routes
- Deliver telegrams, special delivery and express mail
- Collect payment for cash-on-delivery service
- Record delivery of registered mail
- Leave notices that items could not be delivered and the location where they can be picked up
- Return undeliverable mail to postal station.
Outlook & Prospects for Letter Carriers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 02 - Sep 06, 2013
- Wilson's Transportation has won a five-year contract to provide shuttle-bus service between the Victoria Airport and downtown Victoria hotels. The contract starts November 1 and will boost opportunities for Wilson's existing employees.
- Modernization of the Nanaimo Assembly Wharf to improve export capacity is expected to create many job opportunities during and after the construction period. The federally-funded project is expected to start this fall and last until September 2014.
- The Port Alberni Port Authority has received federal funds to study the feasibility of a short sea port facility in Alberni Inlet. The facility would handle small cargo vessels travelling short distances.
- Richmond-based Helijet International has secured $3.5M in new flight contracts, which will expand its presence along BC¿s central and north coast
- Edmonton-based AFD Petroleum is opening a fuel distribution centre in Langford in May to service Vancouver Island homes and businesses. AFD is seeking a Class 1 Fuel Driver and Office Administrator for the centre.
- Date Modified: