Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Legislators participate in the activities of a federal, provincial, territorial or local government legislative body or executive council, band council or school board as elected or appointed members.
First Nations band chief, Member of Parliament (MP), Member of the National Assembly (MNA), Member of the Provincial Parliament (MPP), cabinet minister, city councillor, governor general, lieutenant-governor, mayor, premier, prime minister, school board trustee, senator.
- Enact, amend or repeal laws and regulations
- Participate in developing or amending government policies, programs or procedures
- Represent their government at local, national and international meetings and conferences
- Respond to matters of concern to constituents or the general public
- May serve as minister responsible for a government department or agency and direct senior government managers and officials in the implementation of government policy and the management of that department or agency.
Wages for Legislators in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: