Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
car checker, railway, delivery truck helper, furniture mover helper, mover helper, railway labourer, signal gang helper, swamper – truck transport, truck driver helper.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||12.00||16.00||23.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: