Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Waterworks maintenance workers maintain and repair waterworks equipment and facilities. They are employed in water filtration and distribution plants and waste treatment plants. Gas maintenance workers check and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to exterior and underground gas mains and distribution lines. They are employed by gas distribution companies.
gas leak locator, gas maintenance worker, gas utility operator, pipeline maintenance worker, pipeline patrolman/woman, utility plant maintenance worker, waterworks maintenance worker.
- Check, clean and lubricate waterworks equipment, such as pumping equipment, chlorination equipment and compressors
- Adjust and repair waterworks equipment under the direction of qualified tradesperson
- Search and locate reported water leaks and repair water-mains, valves or outlets
- Install water meters using hand and power tools.
- Check and lubricate gas pipeline valves
- Conduct routine survey of gas mains and distribution lines to detect and locate escaping gas using gas detecting devices
- Investigate reports of gas leaks to determine the exact location and extent of leaks
- Dig ground to expose gas lines and repair damaged pipes
- Keep record of work performed and location and condition of pipelines
- Provide information on underground gas distribution lines and observe excavation work to ensure that underground gas facilities are protected.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Outlook & Prospects for Waterworks and Gas Maintenance Workers in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: