Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway carmen/women inspect, troubleshoot, maintain and repair structural and mechanical components of railway freight, passenger and urban transit rail cars. They are employed by railway transport companies and urban transit systems.
rail vehicle mechanic, railway car inspector, railway carman/woman, railway carman/woman apprentice, streetcar and subway car mechanic.
- Inspect interior and exterior components of freight, passenger and urban transit rail cars to determine defects and extent of wear and damage
- Repair and install railway car parts such as compressors, air valves, bearings, couplings, air cylinders and piping
- Repair and maintain electrical and electronic controls for propulsion and braking systems
- Repair defective or damaged metal and wood components, using hand and power tools
- Repair and repaint wooden fixtures
- Replace damaged windows and repair upholstery
- Test and adjust parts using testing gauges and other test equipment
- Perform and document routine maintenance.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Jobs for Railway Carmen/women in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: