Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Tilesetters cover interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. They are employed by construction companies and masonry contractors, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice tilesetter, ceramic tile installer, marble setter, terrazzo polisher, terrazzo worker, tile installer, tilesetter.
- Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Install tile strips
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Cut, polish and install marble and granite
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- May prepare cost estimates and orders.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Jobs for Tilesetters in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 2 job postings in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-13||tilesetter||Bomex Tile Inc||
|2013-05-13||marble tilesetter||Style in Stone Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: