Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Tilesetters cover interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. They are employed by construction companies and masonry contractors, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice tilesetter, ceramic tile installer, marble setter, terrazzo polisher, terrazzo worker, tile installer, tilesetter.
- Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Install tile strips
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Cut, polish and install marble and granite
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- May prepare cost estimates and orders.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Tilesetters in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||12.00||25.00||34.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: