There are 48 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes sheet metal, ironwork, welding and boilermaking trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Sheet Metal Workers</i> (7261), <i>Boilermakers</i> (7262), <i>Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters</i> (7263), <i>Ironworkers</i> (7264), <i>Welders and Related Machine Operators</i> (7265) and <i>Blacksmiths and Die Setters</i> (7266). They are employed by structural, platework and related metal products fabrication, manufacturing and erecting companies.
contractor, ironwork, foreman/woman, blacksmiths, foreman/woman, boilermakers, foreman/woman, ironworkers, supervisor, boilermakers, supervisor, sheet metal workers, supervisor, structural metal fitters, supervisor, welders.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who shape, form and join metal parts or products to specified dimensions and erect light and heavy metal products and structures
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- Set up machines and equipment
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, machine operators, helpers and labourers.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Jobs for Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting Trades in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: