Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Airline sales and service agents issue tickets, provide fare quotations, make reservations, conduct passenger check-in, trace missing baggage, arrange for cargo shipments and perform other related customer service duties to assist airline passengers. Airline sales and service agents are employed by airline companies. Load planners, who plan the positioning of cargo on aircraft, are also included in this unit group.
airline baggage agent, airline cargo agent, baggage tracer, airline, client service representative – airline, counter services agent, airline, customer service agent, airline, load planner, airline, passenger agent, airline, passenger service representative, reservation agent, airline, station agent, airline, ticket agent, airline.
- Airline passenger and ticket agents help customers plan travel time and routes, prepare and issue tickets, assign seats, prepare boarding passes, check baggage, attend boarding gates, assist pre-boarding passengers and provide information on fares and flight schedules and routes.
- Airline baggage agents trace lost, delayed or misdirected baggage for customers.
- Airline cargo agents weigh cargo and compute freight costs, calculate charges for services and insurance, process bills of lading, cargo manifests and other documents, trace lost or misdirected cargo and maintain shipping and other records.
- Airline reservation agents reserve seats for tour companies, travel agencies, wholesalers and the general public using computerized systems, provide information on airline passengers and process mileage points.
- Airline station agents complete pre-flight documents regarding passenger and cargo load, catering count, special requests and other flight information and relay operational messages to operations control and downline stations. They also perform duties of ticket, baggage and cargo agents.
- Airline load planners calculate load weights for compartments of aircraft using charts and computers and plan load to distribute and balance cargo.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Airline Sales and Service Agents in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||13.00||18.00||31.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|North Coast Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||10.25||15.00||24.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
British Columbia Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on British Columbia Job Futures
- Date Modified: