Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
campground supervisor, hotel clerk supervisor, parking lot supervisor, reservations supervisor, supervisor, clubhouse attendants, supervisor, commissionaires, supervisor, security guards, supervisor, ski lift attendants, supervisor, theatre attendants, supervisor, ticket takers, tour guide supervisor, travel clerk supervisor.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, and other service workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Corporation of Delta is hosting its first Trades & Technical Career Fair on May 8, 2013. The event is geared to Delta high school students.
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Approximately 15 full-time employees will be out of work when the Manning Park Resort closes permanently on April 1, 2013. The ski resort, situated east of Hope, has experienced financial difficulties since 2009.
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- Great Canadian Gaming Corporation has begun building a 28,000-square-foot casino in Maple Ridge that will employ 75 people when it opens in December 2013. The construction phase will employ 60 building trades workers for 12 months.
Week of Sep 03 – Sep 07, 2012
- Date Modified: