Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Coaches prepare and train individual athletes or teams for competitive events. They are employed by national and provincial sports organizations, professional and amateur sports teams, sports clubs and universities or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes sports scouts who identify and recruit athletes for professional sports teams. They are employed by professional sports organizations.
coach, figure skating coach, football scout, gymnastics coach, head coach, hockey coach, hockey scout, national team coach, soccer coach, sports scout, swimming coach, volleyball coach.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes or teams
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop athletes' potential skills and abilities
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Formulate competitive strategy, develop game plans and direct athletes and players during games or athletic events
- Analyse and evaluate athletes' or teams' performances and modify training programs.
- Identify and recruit developing athletes for professional sports teams
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance, and review their past record
- File reports on scouting assessments and recommendations with professional team employers.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Outlook & Prospects for Coaches in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Approximately 15 full-time employees will be out of work when the Manning Park Resort closes permanently on April 1, 2013. The ski resort, situated east of Hope, has experienced financial difficulties since 2009.
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- Great Canadian Gaming Corporation has begun building a 28,000-square-foot casino in Maple Ridge that will employ 75 people when it opens in December 2013. The construction phase will employ 60 building trades workers for 12 months.
Week of Aug 27 – Aug 31, 2012
- Date Modified: