Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes health professionals who diagnose and treat the diseases and injuries of patients and who are not elsewhere classified. This includes doctors of podiatric medicine, chiropodists and podiatrists, naturopaths, orthoptists and osteopaths. They work in private practices, clinics and hospitals.
chiropodist, doctor of osteopathy, doctor of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.), foot specialist, naturopath, naturopathic doctor (ND), orthoptist, osteopath, osteopathic physician, podiatrist.
- Doctors of podiatric medicine are primary care practitioners who diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot and communicate diagnoses to patients. They treat patients using braces, casts, shields, orthotic devices, physical therapy, or prescribed medications. Doctors of podiatric medicine may also perform surgery on the bones of the forefoot and the subcutaneous soft tissues of the foot.
- Chiropodists and diploma or first-degree trained podiatrists diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot and treat patients using braces, casts, shields, orthotic devices, physical therapy and subcutaneous soft-tissue foot surgery.
- Naturopaths diagnose patients' diseases and disorders and employ natural methods of healing such as acupuncture and acupressure, spinal manipulation, reflexology, hydrotherapy, herbal medicines, biochemical therapy, clinical nutrition, homeopathy and counselling in their treatment.
- Orthoptists assist ophthalmologists in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders by performing specialized eye tests to measure and assess defective binocular vision or abnormal eye movement in patients and prescribing treatment such as eye exercises or patching regimens.
- Osteopaths or osteopathic physicians diagnose disorders and injuries of the musculo-skeletal, circulatory and nervous systems and treat patients with manipulative therapy, medications or surgery.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Other Professional Occupations in Health Diagnosing and Treating in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||15.12||28.97||50.89||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: