Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Internet site designer, Internet site developer, Intranet site designer, Web designer, Web developer, Web manager, Web site developer, Webmaster, e-business Web site developer, e-commerce Web site developer.
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Web Designers and Developers in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||14.00||23.08||43.27|
- Date Modified: