Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Court officers co-ordinate the administrative and procedural functions of federal, provincial and territorial courts, such as scheduling trials and overseeing the maintenance of court records. Justices of the peace administer oaths, issue subpoenas, summonses and warrants and perform other court-related duties such as conducting bail hearings. They are employed by federal and provincial courts.
Supreme Court registrar, administrator of the court, clerk of the court, co-ordinator of court services, commissioner of affidavits, commissioner of marriages, court administrator, court clerk supervisor, court officer, court registrar, deputy registrar, judicial administrator, judicial court administrator, judicial officer, justice of the peace, manager, court services, registrar of bankruptcy, trial co-ordinator.
- Co-ordinate administrative services and establish work priorities for court staff
- Schedule court trials and arrange pre-trial conferences and hearings
- Call courts of law to order, read charges and take pleas from defendants
- Record court commencement, trial proceedings and judgements
- Collect and record sheriff fees, transcription fees and other court administrative and services fees
- Oversee the maintenance of judicial court records
- Assist in preparing annual budgets
- May be justices of the peace.
- Issue subpoenas, summonses and warrants, including search warrants
- Receive affidavits, declarations and affirmations
- Administer oaths
- Conduct bail hearings
- Release defendants on judges' orders and explain rights and obligations
- Hear evidence at trials on summary conviction offences and may preside over trials of criminal offences at the discretion of the chief judge of the jurisdiction or as provided for in federal, provincial or territorial statutes
- Perform civil marriages.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Court Officers and Justices of the Peace in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||15.60||23.94||36.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: