Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of comprehensive recreational, sports and fitness programs and services, national or provincial sports governing agencies and professional athletic teams. They are employed by municipalities, community and private recreational and fitness organizations, sports governing agencies and professional athletic team organizations.
YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) programs director, director of recreation, director of sports administration, professional football team manager, professional hockey team manager, professional track and field team manager, recreation director, sports association director, sports federation director, sports program director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of recreation, sports and fitness programs and services
- Provide technical and professional advice on recreation, sports and fitness matters
- Prepare budget estimates and develop policies and procedures to implement programs
- Manage the operations of a sports governing agency
- Organize and administer national and provincial training, coaching, officiating and other programs associated with a particular sport
- Manage the operations of a professional athletic team
- Recruit professional coaches and athletes
- Direct fundraising drives and arrange for sponsorships from public and private organizations
- Develop long range plans and negotiate business contracts.
Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, White Rock, Gibsons, Mission, Aldergrove, Brunswick Beach, Crescent, Crescent Beach, Cultus Lake, Elgin, Fort Langley, Grandview, Lions Bay, McMillan Island, Ocean Park, South Surrey, Sunnyside, Willoughby
Wages for Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program and Service Directors in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||14.00||21.82||37.82||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: