Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Pulp mill machine operators operate and monitor various types of processing machinery and equipment to produce pulp. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
assistant bleacher operator – pulp and paper, assistant digester operator, cook's first helper – pulp and paper, field operator – pulp and paper, grinderman/woman – pulp and paper, refiner operator – pulp and paper, repulper operator, screenman/woman – pulp and paper, thermomechanical pulp assistant operator.
- Operate and monitor screening equipment, bleaching equipment, digesters, mixing tanks, washers, and other pulp processing machinery and equipment to carry out one or more cellulose processing steps
- Observe equipment and machinery panel indicators, gauges, level indicators and other equipment instruments to detect machinery and equipment malfunctions and ensure process steps are carried out according to specifications
- Communicate with pulping control operator to make process adjustments and start up or shut down machinery and equipment as required
- Collect processing samples and conduct titration tests, pH readings, specific density tests and other routine tests on pulp and solutions
- Maintain and complete production reports.
Wages for Pulp Mill Machine Operators in Annapolis Valley Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: