Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Papermaking and coating control operators operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of paper, paper pulp and paperboard. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
back tender, paper machine, control operator, paper machine, fourdrinier machine operator, panelboard operator – pulp and paper, paper machine operator, paper-coating machine operator.
- Operate, co-ordinate and monitor the operation of papermaking and papercoating process equipment from central control room or from machine consoles and control panels in equipment cabins to make paper from pulp stock, mix chemicals and dyes, and coat paper products
- Control process operations and machinery using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe panel indicators, gauges, video monitors and other instruments to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure papermaking and coating processes are operating according to process specifications
- Analyze instrument readings and production test samples and make adjustments or direct other papermaking and finishing machine operators to make adjustments to papermaking and coating process and equipment as required
- Complete and maintain production reports.
Wages for Papermaking and Coating Control Operators in Annapolis Valley Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: