Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Process Operators</i> (9232), <i>Chemical Plant Machine Operators</i> (9421), <i>Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities</i> (9613), <i>Water and Waste Plant Operators</i> (9424), <i>Stationary Engineers and Auxiliary Equipment Operators</i> (7351) and <i>Power Systems and Power Station Operators</i> (7352). They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical companies, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, water and waste treatment utilities and in a range of other industries and institutions.
chemical processing supervisor, foreman/woman, chemical, foreman/woman, cosmetics processing, foreman/woman, natural gas plant, foreman/woman, water purification plant, paint processing foreman/woman, production supervisor, pharmaceuticals, production supervisor, specialty chemicals, steam engineer leader, supervisor, petroleum refining, supervisor, pipeline operation, supervisor, power station, supervisor, sewage treatment plant.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate petroleum refineries, chemical plants, water and waste disposal plants and equipment, pipelines, heating plants and power stations and systems
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Provide information for maintenance plans to ensure that maintenance and production objectives are met
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports and develop and manage operating budget for area of responsibility
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of trades workers, labourers or other workers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||2011-06-20|
Currently the chances of Supervisors in Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Supervisors in Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Supervisors in Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Aug 20 – Aug 24, 2012
- Date Modified: