Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group assist ship engineer officers to operate, maintain and repair engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships or self-propelled vessels. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
engine room crew, ship, greaser, engine room, marine engine oiler, marine engineering mechanic – military, ship boiler tender, ship stoker.
- Assist ship engineer officers in performing routine maintenance work and repair to ship's engine, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Monitor engine, machinery and equipment indicators, record variables and report abnormalities to ship engineer officer on watch
- Lubricate moving parts of engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Operate and maintain off-loading liquid pumps and valves
- Clean engine parts and keep engine room clean.
Jobs for Engine Room Crew, Water Transport in Annapolis Valley Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Annapolis Valley Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: