Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Truck drivers operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes. They are employed by transportation companies, manufacturing and distribution companies, moving companies and employment service agencies, or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes shunters who move trailers to and from loading docks within trucking yards or lots.
bulk goods truck driver, dump truck driver, flatbed truck driver, logging truck driver, long haul truck driver, moving van driver, shunt truck driver, tow truck driver, truck driver, truck driver, heavy truck, truck driver, tractor-trailer.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and material to destinations
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Operate and drive straight trucks to transport goods and materials over urban and short inter-urban routes
- May drive lighter, special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks
- Perform pre-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo.
Wages for Truck Drivers in Annapolis Valley Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Annapolis Valley Region||11.00||17.00||21.63|
- Date Modified: