Local Employment Requirements
- This occupation typically requires good near vision and good colour discrimination.
- There is usually a need for workers in this occupation to have good hearing.
- The occupation can involve significant physical activity.
- Strength to handle loads of up to 20 kg may be required.
There are often specific abilities, aptitudes and knowledge that are prerequisites to obtain employment in an occupation.
Most employers who advertise are looking for workers who have the following experience and skills:
Perform scheduled maintenance and service. Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts. Inspect and test engines to diagnose and isolate faults.
Estimate repair costs.
Problem solving, oral communication, critical thinking, reading text, working with others, decision making and continuous learning.
Post-Secondary ProgramsYou may also expand your search by exploring the following cities:
List of cities offering similar programs
Detailed profiles, requirements and application and admissions information.
- CEGEPs, Colleges and Universities
Find the school that best suits your needs.
Information on scholarships, bursaries, grants, and other forms of financial assistance.