Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Ironworkers fabricate, erect, hoist, install, repair and service structural ironwork, precast concrete, concrete reinforcing materials, curtain walls, ornamental iron and other metals used in the construction of buildings, bridges, highways, dams and other structures and equipment. They are employed by construction ironwork contractors.
ironworker, ironworker – metal building systems erector, ironworker apprentice, ornamental ironworker, reinforcing ironworker, structural steel erector.
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out work
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Erect and install scaffolding, hoisting equipment and rigging
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints
- Align and weld or bolt steel units in place
- Erect structural and architectural precast concrete components for buildings, bridges, towers and other structures
- Assemble and erect prefabricated metal structures
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
- Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
- Examine structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or non-compliance with specifications
- Dismantle structures and equipment when required.
Jobs for Ironworkers in Annapolis Valley Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Annapolis Valley Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: