Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes telecommunications and electrical trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Electricians</i> (7241), <i>Industrial Electricians</i> (7242), <i>Power System Electricians</i> (7243), <i>Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers</i> (7244), <i>Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers</i> (7245), <i>Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers</i> (7246) and <i>Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians</i> (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
electrical contractor, foreman/woman, cablevision technicians, foreman/woman, construction electricians, foreman/woman, industrial electricians, foreman/woman, power line and cable workers, foreman/woman, power system electricians, foreman/woman, telecommunications installation and repair workers, supervisor, cable maintenance and repair, supervisor, plant electricians, supervisor, residential electricians.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors or departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Jobs for Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations in Annapolis Valley Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Annapolis Valley Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: