Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dry cleaning and laundry supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations</i> (6681) and <i>Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations</i> (6682). They are employed by dry cleaning and laundry establishments, fur cleaning establishments, commercial laundries and laundries in hotels, hospitals and other institutions.
dry cleaning supervisor, foreman/woman – laundry and dry cleaning, laundry supervisor, production supervisor, dry cleaning.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of dry cleaning and laundry staff
- Establish and implement production routines and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Monitor quality and production levels
- Requisition supplies
- Hire and train or arrange for training of workers
- Oversee the cleaning of suedes, leathers and other difficult items.
Outlook & Prospects for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||2011-10-14|
Currently the chances of qualified Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area.
Since the late 90's several major dry cleaning operations have closed locally with only a few places remaining. Centralization and new economies of scale have also impacted the dry cleaning sector while grocery stores like the Atlantic Superstore provide these services catering to the convenience of one-stop shopping.
The local hospitals are the major employers where there is little turnover, especially at the supervisory level, and opportunities are typically filled from within the facility.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Eat Barbecue Diner has hired three new employees since it was opened to replace the Cocoa Pesto Bistro in Windsor in February 2013
- The Trail Shop, an outdoor equipment business, will close out its Wolfville location at the end of the month
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- A sea cadet training contract in the Cornwallis Park will result in employment for about 180 workers for 10 weeks over each of the next there summers
- Bell Aliant will continue to expand and connect more customers to its fibre-optic technology throughout Nova Scotia, with work planned for the Annapolis Valley in 2013
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- Berwick experienced a busy 2012 construction season in the downtown core, with the building of a new drugstore, property upgrades, and other commercial renovations
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Annapolis Digby Economic Development Agency prepares to close down
- The Mud Creek restaurant on Elm Avenue in Wolfville has closed its doors
- Date Modified: