Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes all machine operators, not elsewhere classified, who operate machines to cut, press, stamp, mould, treat, finish or otherwise fabricate components or products, such as jewellery, buttons, pencils, crayons, non-prescription lenses, brushes, notions and other miscellaneous products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
brush making machine operator, button machine operator, crayon making machine tender, jewellery annealer, prism maker operator, skate press operator, sports ball moulder, stuffing machine tender, tennis ball maker operator.
- Operate machines which cut, press, stamp, mould, treat, finish or otherwise fabricate components or products
- Load supplies into hoppers of dispensing units or manually align, feed or otherwise place materials into machines
- Monitor machines for proper operation watching for jammed materials, defective units or other irregularities
- Clean work stations, removing scraps, dust, shavings or other by-products from machinery and surrounding areas
- May make routine changes of dies, nozzles or other machinery attachments as required.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Products Machine Operators in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Brooks Asphalt and Concrete has been awarded a $2M contract for paving and construction by the Town of Stettler
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BBC Contractors won the bid to construct the $1.6M Carseland Lagoon earthworks and piping modifications
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Lakeland College is cutting programs and services at the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses for the 2013-2014 school year. It is estimated that 43 permanent jobs will be eliminated.
- The Alberta Health Services closure of the long-term facility at Strathmore Hospital will affect 19 employees
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Samson Cree Nation pilot program for entrepreneurs started March 4, 2013
- Hope College to launch in Drumheller in fall 2013
- The Whitesand Hutterian Brethren are constructing farm dwellings east of Stettler
- Construction begins on new Rotary Youth Centre in Camrose with completion planned by July 1, 2013
- The Tri-County Job and Career Fair will be held in Killam on May 7, 2013
- Date Modified: