Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fabric cutters cut fabric to make parts for garments, linens and other articles. Fur cutters cut fur pelts to make parts for garments and other fur articles. Leather cutters cut leather to make parts for shoes, garments and other leather articles. Fabric cutters are employed by clothing and textile manufacturers and other manufacturers of fabric products. Fur cutters are employed by furriers and fur products manufacturers. Leather cutters are employed by shoe and other leather products manufacturers.
clothing cutter, fabric cutter, fur cutter, glove cutter, leather cutter, sample cutter, shoe cutter.
- Place patterns on top of layers of fabric and cut fabric following patterns, using electric or manual knives, cutters or computer numerically controlled (CNC) cutting devices
- Adjust cutting technique to type of fabric and style of garment
- May cut fabric samples.
- Cut fur skins in diagonal strips to specified length and shape of pelt using furrier's knives and cutters
- Number pelts to indicate their location on pattern
- May sort or match skins, and may prepare fur samples.
- Select leather and cutting dies for leather goods and shoe parts according to specifications
- Position leather on cutting bed of machine, maximizing usage according to skin grain, skin flaws and skin stretch
- Operate clicker or punch press to stretch leather
- Operate machine to cut leather or cut single leather skins by hand to make leather products
- May cut leather samples.
Outlook & Prospects for Fabric, Fur and Leather Cutters in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Brooks Asphalt and Concrete has been awarded a $2M contract for paving and construction by the Town of Stettler
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BBC Contractors won the bid to construct the $1.6M Carseland Lagoon earthworks and piping modifications
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Lakeland College is cutting programs and services at the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses for the 2013-2014 school year. It is estimated that 43 permanent jobs will be eliminated.
- The Alberta Health Services closure of the long-term facility at Strathmore Hospital will affect 19 employees
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Samson Cree Nation pilot program for entrepreneurs started March 4, 2013
- Hope College to launch in Drumheller in fall 2013
- The Whitesand Hutterian Brethren are constructing farm dwellings east of Stettler
- Construction begins on new Rotary Youth Centre in Camrose with completion planned by July 1, 2013
- The Tri-County Job and Career Fair will be held in Killam on May 7, 2013
- Date Modified: