Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fishing vessel deckhands perform a variety of manual tasks on commercial fishing voyages, and maintain fishing vessels. They are employed by establishments that operate commercial fishing vessels and by self-employed fishermen/women.
crewman/woman, fishing vessel, deckhand, seiner, fishing vessel deckhand, icer, fishing vessel, netmender, fishing vessel, trawlerman/woman.
- Prepare nets, lines and other fishing tackle, and operate fishing gear to catch fish and other marine life
- Clean, sort and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- Clean deck surfaces and fish hold
- Handle mooring lines during docking
- May steer vessels to and from fishing areas
- May prepare and cook meals for crew members.
Jobs for Fishing Vessel Deckhands in Camrose--Drumheller Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Camrose--Drumheller Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: