Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway track maintenance workers operate machines and equipment to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks. They are employed by railway transport companies.
ballast regulator operator – railway, equipment operator, railway, machine operator – railway, rail saw operator, section worker – railway, spike machine operator – railway, tie tamper operator – railway, track patroller, railway, trackman/woman, railway.
- Operate machines and equipment such as tie cutters, tie injectors, tie anchors, rail lifters, spike drivers, spike pullers, rail saws and tie cranes to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Operate machines and equipment to align tracks, to transfer, spread, level and tamp ballast around ties and rails and to clear snow from tracks
- Clean and make minor repairs to machines and equipment
- Patrol assigned track sections to identify and report damaged or broken track
- Shovel ice and snow from track switch boxes
- Perform other track maintenance duties as directed.
Wages for Railway Track Maintenance Workers in Camrose--Drumheller Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
- Date Modified: