Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Stationary engineers and auxiliary equipment operators operate and maintain various types of stationary engines and auxiliary equipment to provide heat, light, power and other utility services for commercial, industrial and institutional buildings and other work sites. They are employed in industrial and manufacturing plants, hospitals, universities, government, utilities, hotels and other commercial establishments.
auxiliary plant operator, boiler operator, power engineer, power engineer apprentice, stationary engineer, stationary engineer apprentice, steam plant operator.
- Operate automated or computerized control systems, stationary engines and auxiliary equipment such as boilers, turbines, generators, pumps, compressors, pollution control devices and other equipment to provide heat, ventilation, refrigeration, light and power for buildings, industrial plants and other work sites
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, to detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions and to ensure plant equipment is operating at maximum efficiency
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective action and minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failure
- Clean and lubricate generators, turbines, pumps and compressors and perform other routine equipment maintenance duties using appropriate lubricants and hand, power and precision tools
- Maintain a daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities, and write reports about plant operation
- May assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures.
Outlook & Prospects for Stationary Engineers and Auxiliary Equipment Operators in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Brooks Asphalt and Concrete has been awarded a $2M contract for paving and construction by the Town of Stettler
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BBC Contractors won the bid to construct the $1.6M Carseland Lagoon earthworks and piping modifications
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Lakeland College is cutting programs and services at the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses for the 2013-2014 school year. It is estimated that 43 permanent jobs will be eliminated.
- The Alberta Health Services closure of the long-term facility at Strathmore Hospital will affect 19 employees
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Samson Cree Nation pilot program for entrepreneurs started March 4, 2013
- Hope College to launch in Drumheller in fall 2013
- The Whitesand Hutterian Brethren are constructing farm dwellings east of Stettler
- Construction begins on new Rotary Youth Centre in Camrose with completion planned by July 1, 2013
- The Tri-County Job and Career Fair will be held in Killam on May 7, 2013
- Date Modified: