Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Coaches prepare and train individual athletes or teams for competitive events. They are employed by national and provincial sports organizations, professional and amateur sports teams, sports clubs and universities or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes sports scouts who identify and recruit athletes for professional sports teams. They are employed by professional sports organizations.
coach, figure skating coach, football scout, gymnastics coach, head coach, hockey coach, hockey scout, national team coach, soccer coach, sports scout, swimming coach, volleyball coach.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes or teams
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop athletes' potential skills and abilities
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Formulate competitive strategy, develop game plans and direct athletes and players during games or athletic events
- Analyse and evaluate athletes' or teams' performances and modify training programs.
- Identify and recruit developing athletes for professional sports teams
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance, and review their past record
- File reports on scouting assessments and recommendations with professional team employers.
Wages for Coaches in Camrose--Drumheller Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: