Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes producers, directors, choreographers and others who oversee and control the technical and artistic aspects of film, television, radio, dance and theatre productions. They are employed by film production companies, radio and television stations, broadcast departments, advertising companies, sound recording studios, record production companies and dance companies. They may also be self-employed.
artistic director – motion picture, choreographer, cyber-choreographer, director – motion picture, director of photography, film editor, filmmaker, multimedia audio producer, producer – performing arts, producer-director, radio producer, record producer, stage director – performing arts, technical director – broadcasting, television producer.
- Film, radio and television producers plan, organize and control the various stages and scheduling involved in the production of presentations, motion pictures, television shows and radio programs; engage directors and other production personnel and supervise all technical personnel, and determine the treatment, scope and scheduling of production; maintain production archives and negotiate royalties.
- Directors interpret scripts and direct the mise-en-scène; select and direct the actors, extras and technical crew; advise the cast and crew on the interpretation and delivery of the performance; direct rehearsals, filmings, broadcasts and performances; and confer with crew and specialists throughout production and post-production to achieve desired presentation.
- Choreographers create dances for film, theatre and television performances that convey stories, ideas and moods, and direct rehearsals for dancers to achieve desired interpretation.
- Art directors plan, organize and direct the artistic aspects of motion pictures, stage productions and television shows by overseeing the design of sets, costumes, furnishings and props to create portrayals of period and setting.
- Film editors edit motion picture film and arrange film segments into sequences to achieve continuity and desired dramatic, comedic and thematic effects.
- Record producers plan and co-ordinate the production of musical recordings, direct musicians and singers during rehearsals and recordings and manage technicians involved in duplicating, dubbing and mastering of recordings.
- Directors of photography co-ordinate and direct the photography of motion pictures, supervise camera operators and other crews and determine lighting, lenses, camera angles, backgrounds and other elements to achieve desired visual effect.
Outlook & Prospects for Producers, Directors, Choreographers and Related Occupations in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||N/A||N/A|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Slumland Theatre, a downtown music venue for teens in Red Deer, is closing at the end June 2013
- New video and game rental store, Level Up, opens in Edson
- Auto racing planned for the Fort Macleod Aerodrome from April to October 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Date Modified: