Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
CEGEP teacher, college teacher, commercial art instructor, community college teacher, company trainer, computer training instructor, department chairperson – college, department head – CEGEP, firefighting instructor, language school instructor, teacher – institute of technology, teacher, legal assistant program, training officer – company, vocational institute teacher.
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
- Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
- Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
- Supervise teaching assistants
- May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education.
Wages for College and Other Vocational Instructors in Camrose--Drumheller Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Camrose--Drumheller Region||17.50||36.92||53.33||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: