Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction inspectors inspect the construction and maintenance of new and existing buildings, bridges, highways and industrial construction to ensure that specifications and building codes are observed and monitor work site safety. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, construction companies, architectural and civil engineering consulting firms or they may be self-employed.
bridge inspector, building construction inspector, construction inspector, highway construction inspector, home inspector, housing construction inspector, mine inspector, construction, plumbing inspector, pre-stressed concrete inspector, safety officer – construction.
- Examine plans, drawings, and site layouts for new buildings, building renovations and other proposed structures
- Inspect construction of buildings, bridges, dams, highways and other types of building and engineering construction for conformance to drawings, specifications, building codes or other applicable ordinances
- Inspect and test electrical or plumbing installations in buildings to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Inspect steel framework, concrete forms, reinforcing steel mesh and rods, concrete or pre-stressed concrete to ensure quality standards and to verify conformance to specifications and building codes
- Inspect construction of sewer systems and pipelines
- Inspect construction sites to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Inspect existing buildings to identify and report on structural defects, fire hazards and other threats to safety
- Inspect new or resale homes on behalf of clients and assess and provide reports on the physical condition of property.
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Inspectors in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Gibson Energy will be adding 500,000 barrels of crude oil storage to it's Hardisty tank farm by mid-2014
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Brooks Asphalt and Concrete has been awarded a $2M contract for paving and construction by the Town of Stettler
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BBC Contractors won the bid to construct the $1.6M Carseland Lagoon earthworks and piping modifications
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Lakeland College is cutting programs and services at the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses for the 2013-2014 school year. It is estimated that 43 permanent jobs will be eliminated.
- The Alberta Health Services closure of the long-term facility at Strathmore Hospital will affect 19 employees
- Date Modified: